Sunday, September 25, 2011

And I Aint' Gonna Never Be

"With all due respect, uh, you demanded more of us. You demanded perfection. Now, I ain't saying that I'm perfect, 'cause I'm not. And I ain't gonna never be. None of us are. But we have won every single game we have played till now. So this team is perfect. We stepped out on that field that way tonight. And, uh, if it's all the same to you, Coach Boone, that's how we want to leave it." - Julius (Remember the Titans)





Perfection is more than a goal, more than a suggestion, it's a commandment. On this earth, I will never become perfect...in fact...right now I am so far from perfect I need binoculars to even see the next road sign. But my weaknesses are somebody's strengths; my shortcomings are somebody's feats; my successes are somebody's failures. So...with all due respect...as a whole, we near perfect. I can help others magnify their strengths and learn from them to strengthen my weaknesses.


So story of the day...well yesterday I guess. So I went and played volleyball with some kids in my ward. Sometimes I'm OK at volleyball...most the time I'm not. Yesterday was one of those average days that about 50% of the time I hit the ball, and 50% of the time I hit the air. I'm not good under pressure. So when the score was getting close, I was getting nervous and my contact with the air was beginning to far out number the times I actually hit the ball. May I add that our team had already won a game...so we were on the winners side and really didn't want to lose. At game point for the opposing team they served the ball...right at me. Probably in their game plan :) The serve was coming at my face, and fast! I did the only thing I knew how to do! I called for my team, and ducked. Luckily they had my back and four players were there and hit the ball and kept us in the game. It was a bonding moment I feel...and one that I will probably never live down! At least I got some laughs though...right?

1 comment:

  1. Carlee,
    Thanks for doing this. I love you tons. You are inspirational to me. I'm so lucky you are my daughter. That is MY strength!

    ReplyDelete